Some yahoo engineer wrote a search engine using the Yahoo BOSS framework and hosted in Google Apps to make a point. It takes your search query and from the top 50 search results formulates an answer. A sample question they provide is “Who invented the light buld” and the answer you get back is “thoma eddison”.
I decided to see if it could answer some of my more deeper questions. The answer were interesting, insightful, humorous and thought provoking.
Which lead to me to Christ…so I asked…
Which lead me back to Jesus. Kinda confirming to me that nothing gets between them. Jesus Christ validates himself!
So I asked if Satan was real (I gotta cover all angles):
And the answer hit me with a jolt. One to reflect on.
I pressed on. I had to validate my logic. So I asked if jesus was fake?
Ha ha. Fake Jesus = Christians. Guilty! I try to be like Jesus but I ain’t him.
A lot of people agree jesus was real and existed – byt what about God? I asked.
Deep. God is real fro Christians? Or we are God’s hands and feet and this is how he becomes real to people. As I said – deep.
A couple more questions to round off my theological inquisitiveness: who wins
Phew – as I suspected, hoped and have read…Lord Chirst wins!
And in an answer which would make Rick Warren happy:
Once again – more validation.
Finally – the geek in more wanted to do a NULL query – so dont fill in anything in the search form. Usually this queries that whole database and comes back with all results. Try it sometime on a search form. So I left the field empty and hit search. What was the rolled up answer to everything indexed on the internet????
It said no question supplied….but still gave me an answer. Yahoo!
Thanks Jesus for being the ultimate answer!!!!
07.05am – wake up. grab smart phone. read daily sms text of bible verse while on toilet.
08.11am – on train. open google reader on smart phone, read rss feeds from favourite christian bloggers which includes scripture.
09.02am – at work. open email. read daily verse email.
09.10am – logon to facebook. read wall comments from cousin overseas with verse
09.12am – read daily verse app on facebook
12.16pm – eating quick thai curry for lunch. read daily devotional from Spurgeon on smart phone using pocket e-sword
2.09pm – at desk. pastors rss feed shows update in igoogle with witty comment and bible verse
3.54pm – get gtalk message from friend with youtube link for video on how God is my Hero
4.12pm – post a thought on my tumblr.com blog. someone must subscribe to its rss feed as by…
4.13pm – …i get a comment on it quoting scripture
5.47pm – on train home. looking at updated rss feeds on google reader from favourite christian bloggers
5.59pm – on train. post a verse based post on my church youth group wordpress blog via mobile wordpress.com
6.05pm – on train. still. get an email on smart phone showing someone has commented on my youth group wordpress blog post. i see it is the senior pastor and his comment – which includes a bible verse
6.06pm – get sms from senior pastor saying he left a comment on my post. i already knew this of course. he quotes the same scripture in the sms
7.27pm – on toilet. open pocket e-sword on smart phone for quick scripture reading during this quiet time
8.34pm – in lounge. on computer. play bibleapps.com to test my bible skills!!
– there’s a lot of little snippets – not one long hour long marathon session
– theres a lot more interactivity with others
– a LOT is done via mobile.
Demons defined in the bible have the following attributes:
– supernatural, personal, spirit beings
– have will and intelligence
– possess superhuman strength and knowledge
– can appear to tell the future
– God created them as good angels
– fell by joining Satan’s rebellion
– Satan called “prince of demons”
– possibly 1/3 of angles became demons
– possibly a rank structure amongst demons
– execute Satan’s game plan (attack, tempt and accuse God’s people) by:
– cause mental and physical illness
– hinder spiritual progress
– know God’s truth, but twist it for their purposes
– promote false religion
– demons will becomes more active during end times
But DONT WORRY as demons have alerady been dealt with:
– God has already won
– God has provided us with the tools
– i am not a big fan of focusing on the whole satan, demons, end times stuff – cause i think some people focus on this stuff too much – and forget that we should be loving each other!
– it is not my gift – though i do recognise that it is a gift for some people (though i suspect not as many people than who actually focus on it)
– i thank God that he has given me the tools and that he has the power to deal with it. so i can get on with loving people.
El or Elohim
– generic word for ‘God’
– over 2,500 times in the Old Testament (OT)
– means strength, power or greatness
– Elohim is plural and indicates intensity and hints at trinity
– ‘El’ often combined with another word to describe God in more detail
– El Shadai means ‘all powerful, self-sufficent’ ruler
– means ‘the God most High’
– speaks of God’s timeliness, often connected with hope and security.
– occurs in the OT 6,800 times
– proper name for OT Israel’s God. Not used for pagan gods
– verb “to be” (debated by scholars)
– often translated “the Lord Almighty”
– greek word for ‘God’
– in New Testament about 1,000 times
– Jahweh often translated meaning “Lord”
PS: I dont like to judge…
In the face of persecution, Jesus’ followers have two reasons to rejoice and be glad.
First, they know that God rewards those who suffer for their faith, and that their reward will indeed be great in heaven.
The second reason Jesus’ followers can rejoice in tribulation is that they stand in good company: In the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you, Jesus says.
Jesus’ climax at the end of the Beatitudes says exactly this: Stand faithful and do not get blown about by the ideologies of the world. … If we lose our distinction from the world’s greed, uncaring, self-centeredness, exclusionism, unfaithfulness, and violence, then we have no purpose.