“Stop using media—whether it be digital or stick-on—to try to convict people of sin. Start using media to tell people about the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Start using media to tell people—regardless of their spotless or despicable sexual history—how much God loves them and desires a relationship with them.”
note: i dont normally like to disrespect other religions…and this is not my aim with this video.
Does your Church even know where the local orphanage is? Have they ever done anything for them?
Let’s take the biggest star we know of – Canis Majoris – and compare it to earth. Remember – this is JUST one star and ONLY the biggest one we know of.
– It is 7 quadrillion times larger than earth – a quadrillion is 1000 million million.
– If we replaced our sun with Canis Majoris the surface of the star would reach Saturns orbit (Saturn being a planet further out from the Sun than earth – past Jupiter)
– Light takes more than 8 hours to travel around the star’s circumference – it only takes 8 minutes for our sun’s light to reach Earth.
Assuming a speed of 3 miles per hour for 8 hours a day – how big is it:
– it would take 2 years 11 months to walk around the earth
– it would take 310 years 7 months on the Sun
– it would take 665,000 years to walk around Canis Majoris
Remember – this is only 1 star.
Here’s a video on how big it (and God is).
Laminin is a base protein that holds us together. From Wikipedia: “the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in almost every animal tissue”.
The Jesus in-joke is what it looks like – click here.